Corona count goes from 4 lakh to 5 lakh in 6 days; 18,000-plus cases on Friday
NEW DELHI: India raced past the 5 lakh mark in Covid-19 cases on Friday, just six days after the caseload had crossed 4 lakh, even as the day’s fresh infections touched another new peak, surging past 18,000 for the first time.
There were 381 deaths from the vir s on Friday, the first time in four days that the toll had dipped below 400. The country has so far recorded 5,09,377 cases and 15,681 deaths, while over 2.95 lakh patients have recovered, as per data from state go nments.
The pandemic continued to surge, with 18,572 new cases being reported on Friday, surpassing the previous day’s record of 17,870. This was the seventh peak in daily cases in past eight days. Friday’s count was again led by Maharashtra, which reported over 5,000 cases for the first time.
Maharashtra on Friday added 5,024 new Covid cases, its highest single day addition so far. With this, the total number of Covid19 cases in the state stood at 1,52,765 cases, breaching the 1.5 lakh mark. Between Thursday and Friday, the state has added nearly 10,000 cases despite cms that the growth rate has slowed down.
On Friday, 175 deaths were reported in Mahasrashtra, of which 91 occurred in the last 48 hours and the remaining 84 were from a previous period. The total death toll in the state breached the 7000-mark and was 7,106. Mumbai reported 117 deaths taking the death toll to 4,179, which marginally increased the case fatality rate to 5.79% on Friday.
An analysis of the 5024 cases showed that merely 25% or 1,297 cases were from Mumbai while the remaining 75% were from outside Mumbai, indicating a rapid rise in other parts of Maharashtra.
Tamil Nadu’s Covid-19 infections spiked for the third day running on Friday. Chennai had 1,956 of the 3,645 fresh cases in Tamil Nadu, which now has 32,305 people still under treatment, while 41,357 have been cured. The offi al toll in the state rose to 957 with 46 more deaths.
Chennai, which accounted for 63.20% of the state’s new cases on June 16, had 53.66% of them on Friday. Over the 10 days, Chennai added 15,000 cases, an increase of 1.5 times.
Delhi recorded 3,460 fresh cases on Friday, taking the tally to over 77,000, while the death toll mounted to 2,492. On Tuesday, the national capital had reported the highest single-day spike of 3,947 cases. Sixty-three fatalities have been recorded in the last 24 hours, a Delhi health department bulletin said on Friday.
I remember PM saying Mahabharat was lasted 19 days and we will beat Corona in 21 days lockdown.
Lockdown went upto 70 days.
Gt failed miserably to control the spread of vir s.
While other EU countries and Japan, Israel, Korea have almost removed the vir s.
Another 5 lakhs in next 30 days.
Yogi is Awesome!! No testing in UP so no cases! lolll
Show this figure to fekuji. Yesterday he was praising Yogi.
ICMR still saying no community transmission in India.
Don't worry somehow our health department will say no community transmission etc etc.. Useless peoples. They will not accept the reality even if there is 130.core cases.
Health department: Doubling time is much less than that in USA and Brazil. Celebrate Indian success!
Our health minister will say doubling rate has slow down.
Masterstroke! 5 Trillion economy has receded beyond horizon.
India will cross 10 lakh count soon; lock down and unlock are both total failures; India may overtake the US-what an achievement by the Modi go nment
Its duty of state gts to implement lockdown. Lockdown failure is because of state gts.
India has one of the lowest testing rate in the world yet we are reporting the highest number of cases so we are already number one. Feku is proved to be a curse to our economy and now he is also a threat to our lives. If we don't standup and throw him out we may pay with our lives.
Majority of countries hsvr already removed this vir s while feku failed misreably
MODI STARTED OFF WELL WITH LOCKDOWN, BUT SOMEHOW LOST THE DIRECTION FROM THE DAY THE LIQUOR SHOPS GOT OPENED. EASING OF LOCKDOWN WAS A DISASTER AND IT WENT OUT OF CONTROL
ICMR to Media: India's Covid recovery rate has been highest in world.
Gt to ICMR: I have told you to mention our recovery is highest in whole universe incl. sun, moon etc. why did you not mention it.
5L might be just the tip of the iceberg. Number of UNDETECTED cases must be phenomenal.
India will touch at least 1 crore cases..
Ooops...the situation is getting worst day by day
next 1lk will be in 4 days and by end July it will be daily.
We are not testing enough otherwise our number would be highway in the world. Hail Modiji.
When Feku said " We will achieve 5 Trillion Dollor Economy in 5 years" , what he forgot to mention was (-)