Boost to exports, doubling of railway lines: Key decisions taken by Union Cabinet
NEW DELHI: The Union Cabinet on Wednesday took several key decisions to facilitate greater exports from the country. It also announced doubling of certain railway lines to improve connectivity.
After the Cabinet meeting that was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union ministers Piyush Goyal and Anurag Thakur briefed the media regarding all decisions taken.
Commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal highlighted that India has recorded highest ever exports worth Rs 185 billion till September 21, 2021 in the current fiscal.
Key decisions taken by the Cabinet include:
* State-owned Export Credit Guarantee Corp (ECGC) has been cleared for stock market listing.
* The govt will infuse Rs 4,400 crore additional capital into ECGC in the next 5 years begng 2021-22. Infusion of Rs 500 crore will be done immediately.
* The listing of ECGC is likely to happen next year.
* Rs 1,650 crore will be infused in National Export Insurance Account (NEIA) scheme.
* The coverage under ECGC will be expanded to include export oriented industry particularly labour-intensive sector.
* Cabinet has approved doubling of two railway lines: Nimach- Ratlam and Rajkot-Kanalus
* Doubling of Nimach-Ratlam railway line has been approved at a total estimated cost of Rs 1,095.88 crore and Rajkot-Kanalus railway line at a total estimated cost of Rs 1,080.58 crore.
* The projects are scheduled to be completed in 4 years.
* The objective is to boost tourism, provide easy connectivity and socio-economic development of the regions.
*内阁已经批准将两条铁路线延长一倍：Nimach- Ratlam和rajcot - kanalus
*Nimach- Ratlam路线翻番已经被批准，总成本估计为1095.88亿卢比，rajcot - kanalus路线的总成本估计为108058亿卢比。
Good move. Keep supporting businesses and give more push to Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
Which policy support business ?
Fantastic decision by the ever improving go nment of India. I am sure India will strive to gain mamum benefit for Indians and the world. Jai Hind. Undoubtedly the best prime minister ever.
ship company charge money 3 to 4 times more now as compared to pre covid. Reduce in ship charges help boost Export
与新冠疫情爆发前相比，海运公司的费用增加了3 ~ 4倍。降低运费有助于促进出口
What about making easy ship , low cost ship, ship lines are making lots of money
3rd Feku after Modi and Nirm
you mean Congis ?
so only export will boost if we double this 2railway lines? what's the present figures on export with this 2 railway lines.
Where is production increase to boost exports?
First try to provide containers for export, all export orders are getting cancelled, u feku.
Stop nonsense. first tell your boss to reduce petrol price and increased all commodities prices. resolve unemployment problem.
Railways are being dest yed by current Go nment. Train fares of 3AC & 2AC in all premium/ special trains are more than Air Fares. People should boycott Railways & better plan Air travel atleast 30 days advance, they can get better deal by Air travel & reach destination fast.
It takes 3 weeks to transfer goods from Delhi to Mumbai via train.
Wish something for strengthening the esting health sector was coming up...
Most pential but most unperforming minisistry- commerce
None of the Ministers from Team Modi is talking about the ever rising prices of fuel , food stuff , medicines , cooking gas , clothes and ready made garments , etc etc . ! Why ? Open up before the wounded people of India ! Tell them why the prices of basic necessities have shot up by 200 % the middle class and the down trodden are bleeding and suffocating !
Time and again nothing very important decisions are taking in Favor of Poorer and middle classes Pepoples, Only Large-scale effects to Business houses and Contractors.
Why Mumbai to Bengaluru train tracks are not doubled?