China's first privately-owned high-speed railway starts operation
China's first privately-owned high-speed railway, the Hangzhou-Taizhou high-speed railway, is set to begin operation on Saturday. The project was constructed via China's Public-Private Partnership (PPP), which involves collaboration between the government and private sector that can be used to finance, build and operate projects. It starts in Hangzhou East Station and ends in Taizhou Wenling Station. With a 350-kilometers-per-hour designed maxmum speed, the line has a total length of about 266.9 kilometers, including 226.3 kilometers of newly-constructed track.
Key Infrastructure shouldn’t be privately owned, because it is easy to monopolize and jack up the price.
PPP (Private, Public Participation) initiatives can be a win-win for both govt and the private investor in that key sector of the economy..
Chong Sit Leong
Be careful to privatize railway. It may end up being costly for the people just like private housing becomes too expensive
Really surprised to see private businesses interested in investing into high-speed railway since that's a long-term investment and won't yield profit for years.
Train fare will increase, and safety concerns will arise. Infrastructure should be owned by the government.
Railway should remain state owned.
Don't let the greedy private hands touch it.
Don't privatise your infrastructure China.
I just wonder if the ticket prices will be about the same as the state owned ones, hmmmmm....lets see where this goes.
World's HSR= 59,000km
Chinese HSR= 42,000 km
adding 6000km in 2022 as planned
So impressive the high speed train network. And here we are rinding Amtrak and praying it doesn’t crash
Competition is always a good thing.
China should allow more privately owned HSR as it could reduce NRA’s work load
Privatisation is necessary to reform and make profits for the Innovation to foster. A cap of about 40 percent is necessary. The remaining 60 percent should be with the Govt.
Youtube ID in dei Orasch
65% state 35% private is a good balance.
Private own is the way to go, I am sure the service standards on this line will be better than the other lines.
The first step down a very dark and dangerous path. But it’s not too late to change course.
Superpower China from Nepal
now China time i mean Asia time.
Tech stolen from Japan who kindly helped the Chinese rebuild their rail years ago.
You guys in China really need to clean up your air. Good Lord, the amount of fog in the background is truly alarming!
China should not give the rail way to private companies because this will make a problem to billions people on making always an increase of fare.
Private? How private is it?
Too bad its not publicly owned
World's HSR length
= 59,000 km
China's HSR length
= 42,000 km
India's HSR length
= 0 km
Nice china is going great in thanks for supporting world
Very good congratulation
UK Private Railyway system is shambles.
Hope this privatisation has better management.
Hans Weissmann XVI
Funny, 50-50 partnership is called privately owned? How odd……
it is a good experimental project, if it can be feasible, why not!
Amazing Modern China.
Go China Go
Can China have a different high speed train design? This is a shinkansen design.!