The road that changed local lives in Sri Lanka
The extension of Sri Lanka's Southern Expressway, which was constructed by three Chinese contractors, has been a major benefit for many Sri Lankans. For Indunil Lakshan, 23, the project in Sri Lanka has come as a blessing. Because of the project, he has been able to move his family out of poverty to have a better life.
I remember an old Chinese saying, ''prosperity begins with a road.'' Well, something like that. In the last thirty years or so, China, a develo nation, has worked very hard and educated itself in many crafts, trades and professions and is today able to help other develo nations. All those skills are hel the poor - thank you China.
Thank you China for hel to build those highways at the time Sri Lanka need it most. Those infrastructure development helped economy, tourism and employment for thousands of people. Great job!
Bravo! !!!! CHINA is a shining example of successful humanity-centered governance
Isn't it Sri Lanka is in the midst of civil unrest?
That may be so but life goes on for the majority of the people divorced from the upheaval in the capital.
Not much traffic on this puny highway ... Is fuel shortage happening there??! Truth matters wherever one lives.
sour grape, that highway is way better than any highway you have in your country
Why is India ranked 101st on the hunger index of 116 countries?
if this construction change the life of Sri Lankan related to the said construction, now why the whole is in deep crisis?? May be china is trying to change people mind about their aggressive loan system
LOL it's the 90% Sri Lanka debt non-Chinese
Chinese loans amounts to only 10 percent of the entire Sri Lankan loan and right here in this video, you are looking at the fruition of the Chinese loans and developments. What is the outcoeme of the remaining 90 percent loan?
Majority of Sri Lanka’s debts are the U.S. and Japan. Debt to China is less than 15%
Now the Sri Lankans will be mortgaged to the hilt to the Chinese. Not a sensible move!
CHINA builds infrastructure for almost all countries . While travelling through Sri lankha , it is visible that roads are excellent in all parts of the Country. Love CHINA
Huge respect from Sri Lanka
Love China from Sri Lanka
Melania Monica Craciun
Go champs go for it, since you celebrated Hong Kong turning back Motherland...
It's good investment but there are better projects to do. Sri Lanka relies on fuel for electricity. Northern wind farm is a must. Either India or China should build it for the Tamils. Its a perfect place to build in palk straight
China should also kick start some infrastructure projects in the northern part of Srilanka.
Well done China for improving infrastructure in Sri Lanka and all parts of the world
The world needs roads, not bombs
Wow thats a super highway, much much better than indian roads
Are there roads in that p00r country?
They dont have drinking water in their p00r capital.
India has roads for cows, as they value cow dang.
Yes China's Roads are great but why you compare with India. India became most successful from those non white who were the colony of other country and also we have de ocracy. l also respect China for great growth
You’re right. There’s no need to bring in india in this conversation. India is doing great by itself. I’m sure China and India
Both would do whatever they can to help out neighbours. I believe all countries in Asia should help out each other it’s always good to compete in a beneficial way for all countries especially China and India with huge population and great talents.
China say these infrastructure projects are part of their belt and road initiative. that means it is at least partly for their own purpose. But the cost of these projects are given as loans to this poor countries and keep accumulating interests.