Several killed in suicide attack near Kabul airport: What we know so far
NEW DELHI: At least 60 people were killed in twin suicide bombings outside the Kabul airport on Thursday evening, where thousands have flocked as they try to flee the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan. The attack comes just hours after some Western go nments had warned of a likely terror strike near the Kabul airport and urged people to stay away from the area.
Here's what we know so far ...
* At least 60 people, including children, have been killed in the attacks while several others are wounded.
* Reuters qued a US offi al as saying that at least 12 US Marines were killed and a number of other American military were wounded in the attack.
* A senior health offi al told BBC that nearly 140 people had been wounded in the attacks.
* Pentagon said the explosion at the Abbey Gate was the result of a complex attack that resulted in a number of US and civilian casualties. It also confirmed another explosion at or near the Baron Hel, a short distance from Abbey Gate.
* A US offi al said the attack outside Kabul airport is "definitely believed to be" carried out by the Afghan affiliate of Is mic State, known as Is mic State Khorasan (ISIS-K).
* Taliban condemned the attack at the airport but said it happened in an area where US forces were responsible. "As soon as the airport situation is figured out and the foreign forces leave, we will not have such attacks anymore. It is because of the presence of foreign forces that such attacks take place," said Abdul Qahar Balkhi.
塔利班谴责机场袭击事件，称袭击发生在美军负责的地区。Abdul Qahar Balkhi说：“只要机场局势得到解决，外国军队离开，就不会再发生这样的袭击。正是因为外国军队的存在，才会发生这样的袭击。”
* Presi nt Joe Biden has been briefed on the attack, the White House said. He was forced to delay his meeting with Israel PM Naftali Bennett due to the worsening security situation in Afghanistan. The meeting will now take place on Friday.
* India strongly condemned the deadly bomb blasts near the Kabul airport. "There is a need for the world to stand unitedly ag inst te rorm and those who provide sanctuaries to te rorts, the ministry of external affairs said in a late night statement.
Pakistan should be ashamed of itself
Anybody who supports taliban should first plan a 2-3 year "family trip" to afganistan...
Peaceful days are coming. More to follow.
no foreign aid, no world bank support, no imf support. No scientific innovation to be provided to them..... Let's see how this medieval people survive
Pakistan helps Afghan sunni pahtans while Iran helps panchsheer shias. Expect more such issues in Afghan sooner.
Imran Khan said Afghanistan is liberated. It is barbaric fundamentalists like ISIS that got liberated to carry out the peaceful bombing as usual.
snakes killing snakes
My goodness … such a mockery of Geopo itical scenerio.. ISIS attacking, Taliban Condemning, US Esca, Innocent people dying & World Watching!!! Really Sad !!
would have been more happy if the action was in karachi lahore Or rawaldi
If west wants peace and safety innthe region. They should destroy Pakistan.
The only country which can purify Afganistan is ,CHINA.
Now the world knows why Indian sickulars supported Biden. Sickulars' ambition is to destroy US, UK, France, India etc., Thankfully, we have a strong leader in Modi. But in US, these sickylars are successful in ing joker biden as presi nt.
India isn't in G7, don't put India in the same league as US UK France etc lol...hahahhaaha
World is paying a heavy price for having a nincompoop as US presi nt. Biden is a disastrous choice and The Chr tian convert Harris is even worse
L Veera Reddy
Barbarians never deserve to rule a country.
is Afganistan safe...Just asking.
80% Indian NRIs and Patels ved for Biden Harris ticket.
World leaders have blood on their hands