Economic indicators are encouraging, situation improving swiftly: PM Modi
NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said that the Indian economy is recovering at a swift pace and economic indicators are encouraging.
Addressing the 93rd annual general meeting (AGM) and convention of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci) virtually, PM noted that India has been through ups and downs in 2020 but things have improved fast and the government now has a road map for recovery.
He also inaugurated the virtual Ficci Annual Expo 2020 which started from December 11 and will continue for a period of one year.
Here are the top quotes from PM Modi's address:
* Economic recovery is happening swiftly and credit goes to our entrepreneurs, farmers, youth and all citizens.
* Our private sector is not just capable of meeting domestic needs but also establish its identity at global level.
* Emphasis is being laid to re-energise technology-based industries in sectors in which India has long term competitive advantage.
* With new agricultural reforms, farmers will get new markets, new options, technology will be benefited, the country's cold storage infrastructure will be modern.
* The new agri reforms will bring in more investment in the sector and farmers will benefit the most from it. They have options to sell their crops in mandis as well as to outside parties.
* Today, the United Payment Interface (UPI) platform alone is witnessing transactions of Rs 4 lakh crore every month.
* Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan has gained pace and is encouraging efficiency across sectors.
* Production-linked incentive schemes (PLI) is targeted at sectors where India can be a global champion.
* World's confidence in India has strengthened over the past months, record FDIs have been received.
* When pandemic started in February, March we were fighting an unknown enemy and multiple questions regarding economy, recovery were doing the rounds. But till December we have recovered a lot.
译文来源：三泰虎 http://www.santaihu.com/p/51516.html 译者：Jessica.Wu
Santa Claus is coming to town (in a saffron gown).
Feku u the cause and reason of all destruction of this country. u have no right to explore further lies anymore. U the biggest lier of this universe. just shut up.
Seventy crore people are jobless and millions have committed suicides and you are just ho for us to be positive
India needs an economist not uneducated chiwalla.
Really? Then how come those hard working farmers especially from bread basket states are out in the cold revolting?
very good news by our dear PM. But fortunately the opposition will cry foul. they do no see the great development done by the current government. we have to support the government in it's endeavors.
Current economy is not at required level but the pace economy coming out of global crises during COVID-19 is very impressive.
we will have to change with time, else we perish....
The fastest way to improve economy would be to painlessly euthanize all poor people and unemployed people and slum dwellers in India. There will not be any major negative impact. Its mostly around you wont so find many laborers, maids, farmers, etc. The fact is there will be surplus in everything if all poor and unemployed people and slum dwellers which combined make up more than 50% of the population of India disappeared~
People who are concerned with GDP are those not paying Income Tax and expect everything free from Govt.
We believe you sir ...
people improve economy .Addressing the farmers issue is a priority.
Modiji is right in saying that the economy is improving. Certainly you can see the assets of Ambani and Adani are increasing very fast. They have become super rich and this adds to the GDP.
Master stroke of Modi!
Are the IT Cell on holiday today?
I think the message did not go to the grassroots of the farmers