What is wrong with the Indian society of today?
译文来源：三泰虎 http://www.santaihu.com/46412.html 译者：Joyceliu
So much is wrong with our society but nobody cares.
Old parents whose only son is in US, he got married to an american and has taken up american citizenship. His parents did so much for him, sacrificed so much to make him what he is. He barely comes to visit them every few years.
One woman with 2 adult sons lost her husband in an accident, after fathers death, both sons started fighting and have come to the point that they cannot stand each others presence. The mother alternately supports one son while degrading the other. Finally, the elder son moves out because his mother abused his wife nastily.
A couple have 3 children, 2 daughters and 1 son. The mother made sure that her daughters are well settled and made sure they have a nuclear family seperate from their in-laws. When the son got married, the mother got so insecure that she would harass her DIL so much that the DIL had to complain to the police. The son only supports his mother throughout and never takes a stand for his wife. The DIL is staying in an abusive marriage because her parents dont want her to divorce and she has a daughter who needs the presence of her father to be considered as respectable by the society.
A single, divorced mother of an only son. But when he gets married against her wishes, she starts hating the DIL and emotionally blackmails her son into leaving his wife and small child to take of his mother.
A couple with 3 daughters and 1 son, the first daughter gets cheated in marriage and comes back to live with her parents while pregnant and never goes back and dies young, 2nd daughter doesnt get married, 3rd daughter in the only happily married one. The son ends up having a love marriage and gets kicked out of his house by his mother. The father wants to give the house to his son and wants his wife to send his grandson(son of 1st daughter) to his own father who never saw the childs face. After a confrontation between wife and husband- husband leaves and goes to his son.
An old lady with 3 daughter and 5 sons, her husband died many years back and she single handedly brought up all her children. The sons got well-settled and stopped caring for their mother, the daughters are the only ones who take turns taking care of their mother. Now, the sons have filed a case in court for property.
A highly abusive husband who harasses his wife over minor things. The wife continues to live with him because she is married to him and has children with him.
All these are taken from families i see around me. One of the stories(not 7) is mine.
From these scenarios, there are all kinds of people, sons who take care of their mother to the detriment of their own family life to sons who donot care about their parents existence, wives who do not leave their husbands no matter how dire the situation is, mothers who wont let go of their children to mothers who get abused by their children.
Heli Shah, Learner
It was the time of weekend. My mom was doing oil massage on my head and we had good time after a busy week. I was telling my mom how my work is going on and some funny stories. Suddenly one lady came out of her house(She lives beside our house) let’s call her X who starts talking to the lady who lives in front of her, let’s call her Y. And this is how their conversation went.
Person X: Meri bhanji ko beta hua.
Translation: My niece gave birth to the baby boy.
人X: Meri bhanji ko beta hua。
I didn’t pay that much attention to their talk. Me and my mom continued our talk. But here is the reply of another lady which caught my and my mom’s attention.
Person Y: Are waah! Badhai ho. Acha hai. Abhi dusra baccha lane ki zanzat hi khatam, beta jo ho gaya.
Translation: Wow! Congratulations. Now no need to bring another child as she gave birth to the baby boy.
Person X: Han wohi. Abhi shanti usko.
Translation: Yeah true that. Now she need not to worry at all.
Then they both ended conversation.
After listening to this conversation I lost my temper. I wanted to tell them In Which century are you living? I stood up. But my mom stopped me as Person Y is already aged. So she thought I should not talk to her unmannerly.
I am not saying sons are bad. Not generalizing them.
My point is the mentality of some people. Still In India Some families and couples want son badly. As they think Who will run their next generation, if they won’t have son. I would like to end up my answer by saying “In which century are you living people?”
P.S.: I am not generalizing all the families. I’m blessed to have a family who does not differentiate between a son and a daughter. I hope every family in India understand this thing.
Aamrapali Bhogle, Indian
- We are a nation of Billions. We have so many genius minds amongst us. There are so many successes of local achievers that deserve and are waiting to be celebrated right here, right now.
- Yet we tend to over-enthusiastically and somehow strenuously pull out an Indian connection to any overseas achiever who bears a remote root to our land.
- That person may have migrated abroad several generations back, and in all probability would never to return to India again.
- All of their lifestyle, family, friends and colleagues may be starkly non-Indian.
- That person may be openly identifying themselves as a Proud US citizen or a Patriotic European. And they will remain so until their last breath.
- They also raise their children as non-Indian.
- That person may be serving the Government, Defence or National Teams of another country.
But to us, he/she is an INDIAN.
- We will cheesily photoshop their original pictures, replacing the US flag with Indian tricolour waving in the background.
- We will hail and popularise them on social media and the internet.
- Indian Media will find out their village of origin and hold interviews with their distant cousins still alive on the land, and ask them all how they feel about the success of their kin who they have never seen in a lifetime.