18, mostly women, killed in fire at Pune chemical unit
PUNE: Eighteen people, 15 of them women, burned to death and two others were critically injured in a blaze that ravaged a chemical plant in Pune’s Pirangut town around 3.45pm on Monday. Earth movers and other equipment were used to break down the walls at either end of the SVS Aqua Technologies plant in a bid to try and save those trapped inside. But as the intensity of the blaze grew, the rescue effort went in vain.
It took several hours for the bodies of the victims, all charred beyond recognition, to be traced and sent to Sassoon General Hospital for identification and postmortem. Most of the dead were resi nts of Mulshi taluka. Deputy CM and district guardian minister Ajit Pawar said the state go nment would pay Rs 5 lakh each to the victims’ kin.
几个小时后，死者的尸体都烧焦了，无法辨认，之后被送往萨松总医院进行辨认和验尸。大多数死者是Mulshi taluka的居民。副首席部长和地区监护部长Ajit Pawar表示，邦政府将向每个遇难者的家属提供50万卢比抚恤金。
A total of 37 people were working in and around the plant when the fire broke out. Home guard Bhau Akahde told TOI that his brother’s wife, Mangal Margale (25), was among the 18 victims. “She had joined the plant two months ago and was engaged in packaging work. She was working as a cook but lost her job in the pandemic and had moved to this place for work. She has two children.”
火灾发生时，共有37人在工厂内外工作。民团成员Bhau Akahde告诉印度时报，他哥哥的妻子Mangal Margale(25岁)也在18名遇难者之列。“她两个月前进入工厂，从事包装工作。她曾是一名厨师，但在疫情中失去了工作，于是搬到这里工作。她有两个孩子。”
Eight fire tenders and 50 firefighters fought the flames. Fire brigade offi als said the bodies were found in multiple groups with the victims clinging to each other in a desperate attempt to stay together.
Poor people's life is cher than cost of safety standards in our country
The owner of the company should be charged wirh murder and his entire property should be aold to compensate the deceased people.
Owner of factory and local safety inspector should be charge sheeted.
INDUSTRIAL SAFETY IS NOT PRACTICED IN INDIA LIKE EUROPE AS LIFE IS CHEAP WITH LARGE POPULATION BASE. IN ANY EU COUNTRY THE OWNER WOULD BE CHARGED WITH CULPABLE HOMICIDE AMOUNTING TO MURDER. IN INDIA THE POLICE AND BUREAUCRATS WILL MAKE MONEY AND THE OWNER WILL BE SCOT FREE.
In Maharashtra these fire in dents at factories, Hospitals, Hels are happening most in recent times ...why?
We need to be cdreful and every life is precious.
People must follow all safety protocols while working in industries. Hope free and fair inestigation is carried out and appropriate legal action is taken ag inst the culprits.
Owners do not deliberatrley put the factory on fire, its a mishap and chemical, short circuit , gas explosions happen
Fossil By Then
This is because re gion, caste and regionalism have far greater priority than anything else in the country. In a country like Hindu-stan, bad history is bound to repeat itself again and again.
Really tragic in dent. Not sure when safety standards in our country will improve? Many even not aware about the what is safety.
Go nment will annnouce some money as if the value of life can be measured by money !
Manyam Raja Ram
Adding fuel to the fire.
this is a serious accident which has occured and in future many thinhs had to be kept in consideration that this thing does not occur again and preventive measures has to be adopted
UDDHAV should resign immediately
RIP deceased family should get 50 lacs each from company. 50 lacs from regulators.
The accident occurred at a factory which had maintained state of art equipments to prevent occupational hazard and accident. Still the accident occurred and 17 workers were burnt to death. We must learn from accident and make arrangements to avoid such occurrences in future. I pray for sadgati (elevation to higher soul) of those killed in the accident.
So many accidents in Maharashtra, Nashik Hospital, Virar Hospital and now fire in factory. That shows slack in governance? What is the root cause? Cor ion?
Nothing wud happen.
Please dont give comments unless you know what is the reason... otherwise also so many rumours are being spread !!!
Sad news ....RIP..BUT so many fire in dents in Maharashtra since 2 years is a cause of concern