Shocking moment repair man is sucked into escalator in front of horrified shoppers in China
A technician has suffered extensive injuries after falling into a moving escalator he was in the process of repairing and having to be pulled out.
He was reportedly repairing the device in Beibei District of Chongqing, a major city in south-west China, when he accidentally fell into the escalator.
The outdoor escalator was stopped just in time as the worker was sucked into its moving parts, and local firefighters were called to free the man from within the machinery as hundreds of terrified shoppers gathered around to watch the drama unfold
Lightswitch, New York, United States, 33 minutes ago
Escaators are as dangerous as alcohol. Do do ride more than 4 a week
Aikea808, Hawaii, United States, 49 minutes ago
NEVER ride an elevator in China!!!
Michael, London, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Escalators should be banned in China.
Bugsy, Malaga, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Perhaps he should look for the electric isolation switch next time he tries a repair.
Dawn, Boston USA, 5 hours ago
Note to self: When in China NEVER take escalators!
Derek Eyebrow, london, United Kingdom, 6 hours ago
Made in China!
quasi modo, paris, France, 7 hours ago
YET AGAIN? What the hell’s wrong with Chinese escalators? This is the third horrific accident I’ve read about!!
MayMarch, somewhere, United Kingdom, 7 hours ago
If I ever go to China I’m taking the stairs – always the stairs!
siberianwolf, san antonio, United States, 8 hours ago
Lesson learned is never take an escalator in China they eat people.
didisaythat, grapevine, United States, 8 hours ago
China is a dangerously unsafe place