NEW DELHI: At least 20 people were feared dead and as many injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded on Saturday at a restaurant in Jhabua district of Madhya Pradesh, police said.
The blast took place around 8.30am in a building housing the restaurant situated in Petlawad town, about 60km from the district headquarters, sub divisional officer of police (SDOP), Petlawad, A R Khan said.
"Nearly 15-20 people are feared dead in the mishap and as many were injured," he said.
Many others are suspected to be trapped in the debris, the SDOP said, adding that the exact number of casualties will be known once the debris is cleared.
Also, the gas cylinder explosion has caused damages to a number of adjacent buildings, he said.
Senior officials from Jhabua have rushed to the spot to launch rescue operations.
Licensing authorities and health deportments are to be blamed ...... Uneducated restaurant owners may not be able to perceive consequences of mishandling of GAS CYLINDERS ......
RIP. My Condolences to the Family Members
Very bad... who is responsible for this the restaurant owner or the gas packaging company
A very tragic incident. RIP all
Very unfortunate incident and sad to hear it.
SOME WHERE THERE SEEMS OT BE LESS EDUCATION ON THE USAGE OF GAS CYLINDERS THIS IS HAPPENING ONE TOO OFTEN High time the companies go for massive campaign on safety
every now and then we here about such blasts killing many. The advance on cooking fuel availability is also fraught with dangers.
very sad...need to hang the restaurant owner immediately
Dinesh Kumar Gupta
A gas cylinder can do that,or is it the work of some Maoists/terrorists?