外文标题：India, China to hold joint military exercise in 2015, decision ahead of Modi visit
BEIJING: India and China will hold their first joint military exercise in China during this year. The decision was taken on Friday to enhance the “feel good” factor among the countries ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to China in mid May.
Officials from both countries who participated in the 7th annual Defense and Strategic Dialogue in Beijing, decided to open up “new avenues of engagement”. The Indian side was led by defense secretary R.K.Mathur, who also called on the Chinese defense minister Chang Wanquan.
The last joint military exercise took place in India in 2014.
Both countries want to avoid any possible border disturbance that could hamper the outcome of the Modi visit, sources said. The visit of Chinese president Xi Jinping to India was affected by military incursion by Chinese troops on the Indian border at the same time in September last year.
Discussing the outcome of the defense dialogue, the Indian Embassy in Beijing said, “They agreed on the need to expand military cooperation and for identifying new avenues of engagement. The Chinese delegation at the talks was led by general staff admiral Sun Jianguo.
Asian powers like China, Japan, India will need to have some level of collaboration to mitigate risks of a war.
Joint military exercises are held among friendly countries. This is another way of becoming friends again. Buck up.
India should not have any join military exercise with China if we disclosed our physical ,moral and technical weakness China may claim entire Hindu Kingdom.
Navin Chandra Mishra
Feel good factor for whom ? PLA appears to having a different agenda which was visible during Mr Xi’s visit. All this appears to be a PR activity to project a successful visit even before it has commenced.
In short China will continue its activities – proxy around India, make troubles for Indian firms while funds its own companies to expand in India for bigger market after next 10 years… Keep pushing One China policy and keep grabbing land and sea – while we say
“Yes we agree with One China” even if they go and attack and invade Taiwan like they did for Tibet..
In return India gets commitment that chinese will obey the treatry and not lift the Dam size of Brahmaputra and they okays pilgrim travel ..
In short, nothing seems on Indian side and China keeps talking BS like:
1. We did not higher the height of the dam – stats shows otherwise
2. we did not send rocket to space to destroy our aging satellight to the world inspite Americans Statelight shows debris- thats after signatory of not to take weapons in space
3. We dont fund pakistanis army and ISI and play proxy
4. We do not make military hubs in India oceans while they took port lease of 3000 sq milies in SLanka where they docked their subs and PLA frequent visits
5. We do not invade other country but we will show history records of 1600c and grab land on that pretext based on maps they have – that means even if it thinks Pakistan was part of China they wont mind it
6. We will increase our UN peace corp nos. but since last 10 years only fraction increase has been done – in decimals