外文标题：The 10 least friendly cities in the world
JOHANNESBURG: South Africa didn't fare well in Conde Nast Travelers' annual survey, earning the title of least friendly city in the world.
Not all the cities on this list earned their designation as "unfriendly" based on the people who occupy them, however. Survey respondents noted Johannesburg's reputation as an unsafe city and the danger of traveling alone there. Language barriers, political perceptions, and location could also factor in.
The results of Conde Nast's Readers' Choice Survey aren't scientific (it's an online survey that anyone can take), but thousands of people participate each year. The survey ranks hotels, cruises, beaches, and cities.
If you're traveling to one of these cities soon, be wary.
10. Nassau, Bahamas (score: 63.6) Readers said the city is "unsafe" outside of the tourist areas and big hotels.
9. Monte Carlo, Monaco (score: 63) This city full of glitz and glam can be "ostentatious and overcrowded."
8. Milan, Italy (score: 62.9) The "traditional Italian friendliness and hospitality" typically isn't found in Milan.
7. Frankfurt, Germany (score: 61.7) The locals have been described as "cold" and "very rude."
6. Beijing, China (score: 61.4) The "terrible pollution" and "dirty streets" detract from the city's beautiful attractions.
5. Marseille, France (score: 60.9) Pickpockets are a concern here, which makes for a "threatening atmosphere for tourists."
4. Paris, France (score: 60.8) One survey respondent said that "everyone was downright rude" and unhelpful in this city.
3. Moscow, Russia (score: 59.6) Many people don't speak any language other than Russian here, and the people are "unfriendly."
2. Cannes, France (score: 58.5) This "forgettable city" has been called a "European Vegas" with "unfriendly" locals.
1. Johannesburg, South Africa (score: 56.1) Despite its beauty, Johannesburg has a reputation as an unsafe city filled with crime.
Narayanan Ramaswami (chennai)
My friend who lives in US went recently to Moscow and said it is good.
Chennai Man (Chennai)
I agree for Paris and Frankfurt as I have experienced it myself; One of my friend got pick pocketed in paris metro and Even airport officials are rude to non-German people...About Moscow, what's the problem if local speak only Russian?
Twisted Dope (Amsterdam)
Frankfurt, Milan, Marseille and Paris? Are you kidding me - i keep going there and i can enter the darkest pubs without a single pair eyes following me. Yes there is too much racism in Russia but Germany, France? NO WAY!
most of indian cities should make up top as well. especially for most unsafe for tourist, woman.
I do not agree with the scores, I traveled many times to Europe, people are really friendly.
Flyin High (Unknown)
Guess none of these Conde Nast travellers who answered the survey visited Patna, Delhi etc....
these guys have certainly never been to Delhi
Alfa Dog (SKYFALL)
All Indian cities are overly friendly specially to female foreigners ........
Agree (4)Disagree (2)Recommend (1)
thanks god Indian cities are not in this list.
Thank God, Delhi is till not in their name.
amazing that our Delhi being the rap capital isn't in the list . but very happy that it's not in the list
Deep Dutta (Location)
This list is absolutely rediculous.
Narender Negi (Unknown)
Paris is at number 4, I can say the survey people did not even consider Indian cities
mathewr (Saudi Arabia)
Is Dehlhi Friendly?
Raj () 8 mins
from the comments it looks like not many people visit India. We need to stop visiting other countries and spending our money there to improve their economy until they come to visit us.
What category of questions classify them to be friendly. For some people, it is unfriendly if the place does not allow them to settle down or migrate.
How did they forget Kabul or Karachi?